Today I’m sharing a selection of several vital 7″ and 12″ singles from my collection. Some are original presses and some are recent represses.
Here is another great 7″ from my collection. Dennis Brown’s “My Time” released on the Observer label. Wicked version on this one. Enjoy!
Here is a 12″ repress on Lee “Scratch” Perry’s Black Ark label. The tune, Righteous Flame’s “Jah Jah Words” is actually the B-side to LSP’s “Silver Locks” 12″. Great tune with an even better version.
Here is a repress of Prince Far-I’s “Red Sea” on the Coptic Lion label. Coptic Lion has repressed some great tunes lately and the vinyl and sound quality are superb.
Here is a repress of Horace Andy’s “Children of Israel” recently released on the Pressure Sounds label. An Augustus Pablo production.
Here we have another Pressure Sounds repress. Don Prendes’ “Ska-Ba-Doo-Be-Day” on 7″ heavyweight vinyl.
Another deadly Wackies tune from Joe Morgan. This one is straight killer with no filler. “Basement Session” on the City Line/Wackies imprint.
- Dennis Emmanuel Brown – The Crown Prince of Reggae (midnightraverblog.com)
- Dennis Brown interviewed by Roger Steffens (Post #1000!) (midnightraverblog.com)
- Native & Little Maddness “Mother Country” / “Version” (Pressure Sounds) 7″ vinyl 45 rpm (midnightraverblog.com)
- DERMOT HUSSEY’S 5 top reggae albums (midnightraverblog.com)
- Vinyl 7″ Selections from the Midnight Raver’s Vinyl Collection (midnightraverblog.com)